Principles of Spiritual Psychology
The Principles of Spiritual Psychology provide the building blocks of our Program. Working with each of these Principles at a very deep level supports profound transformation.
“The Principles of Spiritual Psychology are timeless and eternal. They are derived from the wisdom of the ages.”
- We are all Spiritual Beings having a Human Experience.
- The nature of the Universe is Love.
- Our natural human state is Love.
- All of life is for Learning.
- An ‘unresolved issue’ is anything that disturbs your peace.
- All ‘upset’ points to unresolved issues.
- Unresolved issues are not bad, rather opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Nothing outside of you causes your disturbances.
- You are completely responsible for your experiences in Life.
- Physical world reality exists for Spiritual growth.
- Spirit meets you at your point of action.
- What you believe determines your experience.
- Your future is created based on how you respond to current experiences.
- The issue isn’t the issue. The real issue is how you are with yourself as you go through the issue.
- Healing is the application of Loving to the places inside that hurt.
- Every time an individual resolves a single issue, all of humanity moves forward in its evolution.
- Spiritual growth is a process, not an event.
- Direct Experience is how belief is turned into Knowing.
- Judgment is self-condemnation. Self-forgiveness is freedom.
- Your human experience on earth is your school. Your primary goal is to accept and master the lessons from this school.
- A life filled with Acceptance is a life free of unnecessary emotional suffering.
List adapted from the work of Drs. Ron and Mary Hulnick, the founding faculty and co-directors of the University of Santa Monica and their book, Loyalty to Your Soul, and taught at the University of Santa Monica.