Treating Dual Diagnosis
Many times Participants have co-occurring disorders, for example substance addiction coupled with depression and/or anxiety. This is known as dual diagnosis, and treatment for both conditions simultaneously leads to more complete healing.
The Clearing’s staff is trained to address and treat dual diagnosis Participants. Our unique Spiritual Psychology residential treatment is holistic in nature and perfectly suited for these conditions. We teach Spiritual Psychology Basic Skills and counseling strategies which can provide healing for multiple disorders and conditions concurrently.
Healing the Underlying Core Issues that Cause Addiction
When someone has a dual diagnosis (and this is the vast majority of those struggling with addiction), it means that the acting out/addictive behavior is linked to some emotional issue. Unless and until that emotional issue is healed, relapse is inevitable.
Our entire approach is based around healing those underling core issues, so that lasting recovery can be achieved. Our principles are different than mainstream 12 step recovery:
You are not powerless.
You are not defective.
You don't have an incurable disease.
Our approach is evidence-based. We believe when we apply love to the parts that hurt, we heal.
Ready to learn even more about Dual Diagnosis? Download our FREE eBook:
Or check out these related articles from our blog:
- Trauma and Addiction: Key to Recovery from Substance Abuse
- What is Dual Diagnosis? Understanding the Root Causes of Addiction
- Four Key Questions to Ask When Selecting a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
- The Connection between Alcoholism and Anger
- Beyond the 12 Steps: The Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- The Connection Between Borderline Personality Disorder and Addiction
- Alcohol and Depression: Common Companions of Dual Diagnosis
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in Washington State (WA)
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in California (CA)